UHMWPE yarn is one of three major hi-tech fibers ( specifically the carbon fiber,aramid,and UHMWPE) , in addition ,it is a super strong polyethylene fiber that offers maximum strength combined with minimum weight. It is up to 10 times stronger than quality steel and up to 40% stronger than aramid fibers, both on weight for weight basis. UHMWPE yarn floats on water and is extremely durable and resistant to moisture, UV light and chemicals. The applications are therefore more or less unlimited.
Basic features of UHMWPE yarn are following:
*High strength: 10 times stronger than the high-quality steel of the same section in intension;
*High modulus: next to the super-class carbon fiber;
*Low density: 0.97, and floatable on water;
*extraordinary anti-abrasive flexible .anti-bend.
Based on UHMWPE yarns so advantages and widely applied in such fields as safety protection ,aviation ,space flight,navigation,electronics ,weapon,shipping ,building material,sports and so on .Products map of the fiber include bulletproof jacket,ballistic helmet,financial vehicle,ballistic shield,tank,naval armor protection board,parachute hawser,watercraft oceaneering cordage,mountain-climbing rope,fishing net and tread,boat,gig and arrow,pat,ski,man-made nearthrosis and ligament,safety protection cover,anti-impact vessel and so on.
UHMW-PE is a super engineering plastic that is probably not as well known as some other engineering plastics but can out perform its relatives in a number of important areas. UHMW (aka UHMW-PE) offers a combination of excellent properties outstanding abrasion resistance, superior impact resistance, non-sticking and self-lubricating properties and excellent mechanical properties, even in cryogenic conditions. UHMW product reduces noise from impact & vibration. It is a self-lubricating material that is chemical, corrosion, and wear-resistant. And its food safe. The weight is light, the is 1/8 of the rolled steel. Life is higher than steel. The wear resistance is 3 to 7 times of carbon steel and stainless steel.
II. UHMWPE Characteristics
1-UHMWPE fiber woven
2-high tensile strength
3-can use any denier fiber, make any weight
7-Low coefficient of friction
8-UHMW exhibits virtually no water absorption
9. Corrosion resistant
10. Abrasion and impact resistant
11. Wear Resistant
12. Great liner material for industrial material handling applications
III. UHMWPE Application
1. Chemical Engineering: Corrosion and wear resistantance mechanical parts
2. Thermal power: coal handling, storage of coal, warehousing chute lining
3. Coal processing: sieve plate, filter, U-underground coal chute
4. Concrete: cement raw and finished product silo silo lining
5. Grain: food storage or chute lining
6. Mining: sieve plate, chute linings, wear anti-bonding part
7. Food industry: star-shaped wheel, transmission timing bottle screw, bearings, guide
rollers, guides, slide blocks, etc.
20D-400D: Fishing line, fishing net, dental floss, medical suture
400D-600D: Cut-resistant glove, Dyneem glove, ballistic UD fabric, bulletproof vest/jacket
600D-1600D: Mooring rope, Dyneem rope, sailing rope, marine rope,deep sea cage
Typical Technical Properties:
1) After 1500 Sunshine hours, its remaining strength is more than 80%.
2) After 6 months in most chemicals (seawater, gas, etc), its remaining strength is 100%.
3) The UHMWPE ropes remaining strength is 100% after 1000 times loaded rotative test.
4) Its rotative times until break of Abrasion proof are more than 110 by 103.
5) Its rotative times until break of Winding proof are more than 240 by 103.
6) Its strength of annelation is 12 up to 18g/d. its 10 up to 15g/d for collusion.
7) Melting Point is around 135 145, Highly resistant to abrasion, cutting, tearing
8) Color is bright white and poor for dyeing.